Moonshine Deaths Escalating in Baltimore

Since last month, Baltimore City Hospital has registered 21 deaths out of 32 patients who were admitted with suspected alcohol poisoning after drinking the popular locally made spirit. The hospital’s spokesperson said the hospital has ordered autopsies, which have yet to be performed, and is investigating. Health officials, however, suspect that the deadly culprit isn’t the popular moonshine that’s often sold out of unlabeled containers, but the toxic industrial alcohol, methanol. Similar in appearance and odor to ethanol, the alcohol found in beverages, methanol is cheaper and deadlier.


Comments are closed.